Sunday, December 9, 2012

3 different ways to tell a good story.



I love to listen to people's personal stories. A good story is something that defines who we are. It makes us memorable. We all have experienced something in our life that makes a lasting impression. If you understand how to talk about yourself, it's a opening for you to connect to others in a meaningful way. It's a way that you can be used to help others that might be going through similar things. 

Here a 3 different ways you can tell your story.
1. The Challenge. You overcame an obstacle to get where you wanted to go.
2. The Eureka. An idea that came to you that changed everything.
3. The Connection. A time when you met someone or a group that had similar skills and experiences that helped you get where you wanted to go.

For me sharing those meaningful experiences with someone that might need help makes life more rewarding.

What's your story? Everyone has one so don't keep it to yourself. Share something you have learned in your life it just might help someone. 
Join in our I AM Forum at Mentorplus.me

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this!
    I am studying to become an Ordained Minister and am implementing Pay It Forward into my lectures and speakings as much as I can. It represents almost all that is within my philosophy on life and is what has brought me to literally be alive today. Without being a spiritual person even as a child chances are I may not have lived past 16. I use my story as a reference to examples of how in the most impossible darkest of situations good is still there and attainable. This aricle has gotten me thinking more about my style of writing for speaking. Thank you very much. Tammarishka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words. Wishing you great success in 2013.

    ReplyDelete